All comments for the draft standard must be submitted by September 28 - December 04, 2020.
The Comments form can be downloaded from below this page.
This standard specifies requirements for the purity, treatment, microbiological acceptability, packaging and labelling of all waters that are pre-packaged for sale and used as beverages or in foods.
This standard does not apply to water distributed by the public water supply system, to carbonated beverages, soda water or to packaged water sold for purposes other than as a beverage.
This standard should be used in conjunction with ABCP 1, Code of Hygienic Practice for Packaged Water.
Reference document (Normative):
- Antigua and Barbuda National Standards
- ABCP 1, Code of hygienic practice for packaged water
- ABNS CRS 5, Labelling of pre-packaged foods
- Codex Alimentarius
- Methods of Analysis and Sampling, Volume 13
- CAC/GL 9-1987, General Principles for the Addition of Essential Nutrients to Foods
- World Health Organization
- Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality
Please send the completed Comments form to the Bureau's email address: email@example.com.